Friday, April 13, 2007

Visiting Bass Pro in Springfield, MO





Let's see. Its been a fun couple of days here at Ginny's along with Cindy. Yesterday, they took me to Springfield, MO so we could see the Bass Pro there. Let me tell you, that is a very large Bass Pro. It was an event just to walk through the store. I was trying to return the cot tent I just bought two days earlier because the carrier bag ripped in two places. But that Bass Pro was sold out. Now, why sell something that you can 't get the supplier to keep up with? The salesman was helpful and thorough by finding what stores had them in stock and seeing if they could ship one to the store I was at. But in the end, it was going to be 10 days before I would get it so I decided I would get it later.

Since I was getting hungry, we left Bass Pro while the salesman was working to find a replacement tent cot to eat. We tried out this nearby rib place called “Rib Crib”. I'd say not to bother eating there. You can do better at other rib places. Cindy and I each got the combination platter that includes a ½ slab of babyback ribs. The were overcooked and barely any meat on them. Like I said, don't bother eating there.

After lunch we went back to get an update from the Bass Pro salesman (camping department). After buying most of the store, we went to a living museum called “American National Fish and Wildlife museum” ($11 a ticket). It was pretty cool. They had a mock up of the woods, a river, and other wildlife environments. Their website is http://www.wondersofwildlife.org/ . I got many pictures. I'm going to need to get my webserver up and running to put up literally thousands of pictures I take.

Oh, at the end of the day in Bass Pro pictures were taken. Here is a picture of Ginny (left) and Cindy (right). Where did those awesome hats come from? I'll never tell but they so happen to fit my head just fine.

Across from Ginny's house is a 6-acre lot with woods bordering the lake she lives at. What an awesome view. The dogs love to run around and wrestle with each other.

There were some nice wildflowers near the water. I've included a couple of them. I haven't identified them yet.