Monday, April 23, 2007

Sunday April 15, 2007 - To Oklahoma City

Ginny went to church while I was packing and taking advantage of the sunny day. I laid out the dog blankets to let them dry and re-did quite a bit of packing. As I learned later, I re-did something rather poorly leading to the potential loss of a box or two but really only losing a lid to a box.

Ginny packed me some wonderful home-made lemon pie. But I knew it wouldn't keep so i left it
behind.

I'm taking a path to Harrison, Arkansas first to make sure I take the best roads out of the area, according to Ginny. Then I laid in a course for Oklahoma City, Oklahoma where yet another Bass Pro store was located. If you recall, I purchased a Tent Cot in Clarksville, Indiana. The Tent Cot I purchased there had a large rip occur in the carrying bag.

I drove towards Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. It was an annoying drive since I had some issues with a couple of my boxes nearly coming out of my truck. I had to make a couple stops to fix the problem. I finally did get things secured but I wasn't able to get to Bass Pro by Sunday night closing.

But it gave me a chance to stay at a really neat campground on a lake just south of Oklahoma City, OK called Lake Thunderbird.

The camp was nice and the views of the lake were great.