Monday, April 23, 2007

Its been sometime since I wrote into my blog. I'm going to write a series of postings for each I skipped.

I stayed with Ginny for several days enjoying the great company and cooking. It was raining after the trip to Bass Pro in Missouri up to the day before leaving. During that time we played a lot of dominoes with her son and son's wife. I suppose we played some 20 rounds of “Mexican Train” dominoes. Everywhere I looked there were dots! lol

Ginny took the dogs and me for a walk to another part of the lake front. At this part there was a road leading to the edges where cliffs and a fire pit were located. There were a couple of disappointing things I saw ... couldn't help but seeing.

Trash. People who had a fire, or camped, or fished ... they all left trash. There were 1-gallon bottles of water, candy wrappers, cups, napkins. On the edge near the water were old lures, fish line, sinkers and wrappers for bait. Glass bottles – why deliberately break glass?

Graffiti. I got to see who loves whom. I suppose its nice to see people enjoying another's company but not on rocks with spray paint or etching into the stone.

What has happened to promoting taking care of things that we may not even own like the beach, the woods, whatever? I hate it when a napkin comes out of my truck while getting in or out. I've gone to great lengths just to catch that napkin moving along in the wind. It annoys me seeing people throw trash in the bed of their pickup knowing the trash will eventually blow out. Well, that's my soapbox!

My dogs really enjoyed the walk as they got to check out the shoreline and a person's room addition that was under construction. Sandy (white dog) was really wanting to get to know the cat there but the cat had not agreed to any such interactions.