Saturday, May 26, 2007

WHEW Finally !!!

I'm finally out ...

Today I'm moved out. But then again, I haven't unloaded my trailer yet. This trip is a hodgepodge of a load. Unloading is going to take longer then the first load. Because of the deadline, I had to throw things together at the end so now to organize it better into existing boxes once I'm at the storage facility.

The Real Challenge

Then comes the real challenge. I have piled and piled stuff into the cab of the truck and in the passenger seat. Its reminds me of basig geology - layers and layers if mud pile up eventually being pressured into making rock. Well, I'm afaid to look at the bottom layer in my passenger floorboard. I'm hoping I don't find a Tyranosaurus Rex in there !!

My helper didn't show up yesterday (Friday). He didn't call the night before either like he said he would. I had gotten signs earlier that he may not show up on Friday. Its the holiday weekend and I should have known. But with the signs, I decided to have him move all the heavy things on Thursday instead of pacing it to Friday or today. I left him two messages; one in the morning and the other in late afternoon. He finally calls me back saying he had to deal with a family crisis and would be in Richmond the whole weekend.

Well, he could have called me. The lack of a call and the vibes I got earlier tells me he went partying at Virginia Beach.

Because if Tony not showing up, I got a lot more of a workout. Hard work never hurt anyone - right? Hmmm, I may need to reevaluate that phrase.

After I get unloaded, and do some other errands its off to the Blue Ridge Mountains and Shendoah National Park for some rafting, hiking, and camping. I saved this as my "reward" for moving. Also, I wanted to go after the move incase I get hurt and can't walk well or whatever.

I recall several times needing to work at a client site by installing networking cable or something. It should be an easy job, right? Well, it would end up being a bear and made all the worse because I was sore from playing wallyball the night before. When I play wallyball, I don't just "play" wallyball, I "am" wallyball !! lol