Sunday, May 20, 2007

Sunday Night

Today we made more progress. Barb is helping me out. Today she packed up most of the kitchen items. There are some things that need to be cleaned first. But that should soon be completed.

I spent more time emptying more old worthless mail and paperwork from boxes I just threw stuff into. Not an exciting day today at all.

Oh, I forgot to mention that last night I took some pictures of the moon and venus close together. Pictures didn't come out half-bad with this new camera. I still have lots of nuances to learn about the Nikon D40x.

The next several days I have to put a lot of effort into packing. In addition to cleaning out boxes I packed some smaller clothes. I lost a lot of weight over a year ago but eating out everyday helped me gain in all back. But I'm going to look at saving the smaller clothes. But I do have a system in mind.

I've packed similar sized items together and labeled the box with the size. This way I can choose what I want to keep in storage. My thought is I can pack my storage until its full or I have everything stored. Should I run out of space then I will opt to sacrifice certain things ... smaller clothes, some software manuals, older plastic storage containers (very light but take lots of room up), etc.

I'm still debating in my mind to get a storage unit here in Herndon, VA area or a trailer, and if even a trailer then what size pr perhaps a combination of a trailer and a storage room. My guess is that I will come back here for work in the future but not sure. I would like to get into photojournalism work but its a long-shot whereas computer work is a lot more certain.

My thoughts are I NEED to know what I have to store first and the space it will consume before I can make an intelligent and knowledgeable decision. So, I'm going to stack all the boxes in the living room in a measurable pattern. I'm going to know the workable dimensions of wherever I store things. A little geometry calculations and life is good!

Oppsss! All my silverware has been packed up as well as grilling tools. So I had a thought of getting some bratwurst to grill. Easy to grill using just a stick to move them around with. I have plenty of trees around me to grab a green branch and carve a point on it. Eating bratwurst is even easier then cooking – insert into mouth and bite down YUMMM

While driving to the grocery store I see a Chipotle's. There goes my plans in lieu of a Fajita Bowl. The bratwurst would have been good but the Fajita Bowl was better. I'm here typing this BLOG entry after I've eaten on the outside deck of Chipotle's. Awesome breeze makes this a great spot to reflect on the day and ponder my actions for tomorrow.

Time to head home and get some more work done. The night is young with it only being 9:13pm.