Sunday, May 20, 2007

Good Morning from Herndon, VA

I made it back to Virginia and couple days ago but its been busy ever since then. I had to meet with my landlord and come to some agreement over the rental house. I met some friends now that I'm back in town and get boxes - lots of boxes - well, not that many boxes.

Before the boxes, I wanted to return some unopened items. Before my thoughts of moving things to storage, I got some things for the house. But there's no reason to keep them and store them when I could return them. So, back to Staples and Lowes I will go (See, I could be a poet lol ) I also returned a cooler to Wal-Mart.

Now to discuss a silly trait I have. I forget what I have, at times. For instance, I needed a cooler to keep things cool on my way back. The older cooler I had was better at melting ice then keeping it cool. I go to Wal-mart and look at my choices of coolers. So after a few thoughts of what's important to me, I purchase the "perfect" cooler.

When I finally get back to Virginia, I was looking in the garage wondering what am I going to do with this stuff and then I saw the same cooler. But no, that cooler was still in the truck. Egads! I bought the same cooler for the same reasons. Good news was I'm consistent in my choices; bad news is I forgot I had one. But no worries, I'll bring back one!

Yesterday I bought 20 boxes from U-Haul. While there, I was faced with my old nemisis - ever since the making of the telephone people have had to deal with the same nemesis - "Yes you have been in line but let me answer the phone that just rang" syndrome. How many times have you been in line and the phone gets highest priority? Well, the U-Haul in Herndon gets low-points from about 5 customers in line along with me!

I was thinkingto alternatives and U-Haul had me. So, I waited like the others who probably felt they were held hostages by U-Haul a.k.a. "Lack of Choices".

Finally made it home to think about packing. Because of my lifestyle, I have lots of those white boxes from office stores. I like things that stack well together and the same size boxes do just that. I knew that consolidating boxes would make this large array of boxes into a smaller one but I didn't think about how cutthroat I was going to be when it came to deciding to toss stuff.

I have a feeling I'm going to have lots of U-Haul a.k.a. "Lack of Choices" boxes left.

Today, the day after of the boxes, I'm getting ready to look at a trailer and do more boxes.

Take Care